Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2019




During my training as a graphic designer and illustrator
I learned to work on paper and other painting grounds.
At that time there were no computers for this purpose.

In professional life then I have become increasingly more
involved in using the computer.
Now, 40 years later and soon enjoying pension,
I feel like returning to the old techniques –
drawing and painting on canvas with real colours.
The emphasis on traditionel craftsmanship
(preparing and painting on canvas) is particularly
important to me.

A wooden framework with a mounted canvas.
The whole construction protected by a wooden frame.
You can understand all the steps, side wards and
from behind. You can see the canvas, the primer and
the multiple layers of color. And – the wooden picture frame
is an important part of the whole object too.


2 Kommentare:

  1. I love your blog. You mentioned wood frames but you didn't say if you made them yourself? I have made the type of frame you are showing and I'm wondering if you do make them, do you explain or show that process in your blog?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Mary, all frames are ready-made. I tried to build them myself, it's a complex matter to get them exactly rightangles and flat. It takes too much time. So I decided to use ready-made-ones.
      https://www.boesner.com/rahmen/rahmen/leerrahmen/schattenfuge-3#

      Löschen